[Scribus] Text frame with single line?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Mar 9 14:49:25 CET 2004

Eilert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a single line (e. g. a simple black one) at one
> side of a text frame (or a picture frame) only? Or will I have to use
> the line drawing tool to realise this?
>
> The idea is to draw a border line to mark the end of an article in a
> magazine. If I could just put a line to the right wall of the text
> frame it would be at the correct position and would have the correct
> length and orientation for the text frame in question.
>
> Regards
> Rolf

What I would add to Craig's reply is that line drawing is so easy and
flexible there isn't any reason to have the text frames do this for
you.  My suggestion would be not to spend much time trying to carefully
use the mouse to create the line, when you can use Properties to make
sure it's vertical/horizontal (rotation), and change thickness, length
and position.  You also can choose whether to have text flow around the
line, or not.  And if you are going to repeat the same line, use
Duplicate/Multiple Duplicate.

Gregory Pittman