[Scribus] Bug or Feature?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Mar 7 01:22:19 CET 2004

Paul Davidson wrote:

>> <from Craig's note>
>> Its not a misfeature really.. a margin shouldnt be printed outside of,
>> and Scribus doesnt let you.
>

> I would respectfully disagree. For creating documents with bleed (which
> is every document I make), you *have* to print outside the margin. So,
> as others have pointed out, the margin feature is essentially useless
> and we just have to use guides instead.

It seems like it's really a choice, though. One that doesn't do what
some intuitively think it should -- I would expect that there are times
when someone might want it to act exactly as it does.

If it isn't changed, it certainly should be on the list of things to
point out in the documentation so users can get the results they expect.

Gregory Pittman