[Scribus] Drawing Shapes

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Mar 7 01:10:17 CET 2004

I don't know if anyone else has used them much, but the tool for drawing
little shapes -- arrows, small polygons, and such is quite nice.

Having used it quite a bit for arrows, it seemed that it would be better
to just have them at a default/settable size, and simply click the
placement with the mouse. There doesn't seem to be any great advantage
in "drawing" them (click-drag), since they aren't placed with great
precision or size, and especially since you can't see the shape itself
as you're dragging. I found myself uniformly tweaking the size and
position settings in the Properties tool anyway. Also, since they were
frequently placed on top of another item, I tended to click-drag off to
the side of where I actually wanted them to be for fear of messing
position/dimensions of what was underneath.

Am I making sense with this?

The other thing I was wondering is if there are plans to be able to
create or import custom shapes to use with this tool. What are these,
SVGs? Having a custom arrow with a bent stem would have really helped me.

Gregory Pittman