[Scribus] latest scribus segfaults

ffdjm at alaska.net ffdjm
Fri Mar 5 01:31:15 CET 2004

After experiencing segfaults with scribus-1.5 I downloaded the latest
version, cvs 03.03.2004.

Again, scribus segfaults immediately.

Earlier versions ran ok (and were very useful).

environment:
  Qt-3.3.0
  gcc-3.3.2
  python 2.2.3

I tinkered with the configure script to get gcc to add debugging code
and finally got this after the latest core dump:

[ffdjm at donna Scribus]$ gdb -c core scribus/scribus
GNU gdb 19991004
Core was generated by `scribus'.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2...Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
h       @??@/usr/local/lib/libtiff.so.3: No such file or directory.
Cannot access memory at address 0x40098248

No stack.
(gdb)

I reinstalled libart2 (libart_lgpl-2.3.16) and the same thing happened.

What do I do now?

Douglas