[Scribus] ugly quote marks

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jun 28 16:41:59 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 16:34, Servants wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2004 22:16, you wrote:

> > > Thanks.  Where would one "type in the Unicode value in
> > > hex?"
> >
> > in the text frame type, for example:
> > Hello F12+201C Bruce F12+201D
> >
> > Craig
>
> Sorry, mate, but I don't understand.  I've typed that but
> don't understand when or how it's going to convert it to
> quote marks.

When you hit the F12 key, it goes into "unicode typing mode". After you
type in the next four chars (hex!) it will then insert the unicode
character, whatever it may be. Have a look in Insert Special for the
character code you need. Not all fonts will have them. Right click on
the characters in Insert Special to get the correct codes and make sure
the font you are using has the characters.

Craig