[Scribus] My company's use of Scribus featured on NewsForge

Steve Herrick steveh
Sat Jun 19 01:19:42 CEST 2004

Kevin Walzer wrote:

> I did an interview about a month back with a writer for NewsForge who
> was looking for publishers who use open-source software. Scribus is
> becoming an increasing part of our workflow, and I talked it up. Here's
> the link:
>
> http://software.newsforge.com/software/04/06/07/2044240.shtml?tid=130&tid=132&tid=82

This is good news, to be sure. But I was hoping it would be more
directly relevant to what I want to do, which is a little different.

I want to publish a quarterly magazine (using Scribus, of course), but I
have yet to find a publishing house that fits my needs. I need a small,
family-owned/employee-owned/union shop press, capable of handling small
runs (~2500), somewhere in the US or Canada. It also needs to handle
mailing the magazine.

If anyone knows of such a shop, or is part of such a shop, please write
me off-list. Thanks!

Sorry for the off-topic post.

Steve