[Scribus] Script export to PDF in Scribus with Python?

VANEK Petr Petr.VANEK
Mon Jun 14 09:12:47 CEST 2004

> Is it possible to script the export of scribus documents to
> PDF via the Python
> scripting interface?  I noticed that "SavePageAsEPS(...)" is
> there, but I
> couldn't find any mention of anything like a "SaveAsPDF(...)"
> function.  Is
> anything like this planned?

not yet planned... just discussed days before. There is a lot of (I mean _A_LOT_OF)
options for PDF exporting - compare the export eps and pdf procedures from
Scribus itself.
Do you think that the following example should be the solution?

SaveAsPDF(filename, listOfFontsIncluded, compressGraphics, ... blah blah blah ..., lcmsProfile...)

I hope there will be OOP avalable in Scribus python. My idea looks like:

pdf = scribus.ExportPDF()
pdf.filename = "file.pdf"
pdf.sampleImageDPI = 300
pdf.savePDF()

but the scribus scripter isn't prepared for this yet...

cheers
petr