[Scribus] 1.1.7 - PS Level 2 - why not PStill to simplify ?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Jun 10 20:25:20 CEST 2004

Peter Linnell wrote:
> Hi Celio,

As someone using laptop with several (at least 6) different printers, I
can say that there should be a warning in CUPS that the drivers for a
lot of printers are incomplete and in many cases wrong.  You really
can't rely on CUPS telling you that xxxx is the *recommended* printer.
The Omni drivers seem especially lacking.

Furthermore, when they do work, they hang in the middle (with a message
like "DATA RECEIVED") and in general they are much slower.

I was using the turboprint drivers a few years ago and was very happy --
for example, with turboprint you could print .tex files and it would do
the processing in the background and just give you the PS result -- but
when the big push for CUPS came it was more difficult to use turboprint
for some reason.

Greg Pittman