[Scribus] document fails to open

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef
Wed Jun 9 13:49:40 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I had this with a recent document made in 1.1.5: it failed to open in
1.1.6 (scribus would eat up all cpu but show nada). It seemed one page was
the cause of this: I found this by importing page by page in another
document until I found the page that caused troubles.

Now again, a document created with 1.1.6 fails to open in 1.1.7 (again all
cpu gets eatn but nothings shows, and I have to kill scribus). System is
fedora core 2, all patches applied. Scribus version used: the supplied rpm
for 1.1.7. When starting scribus on the command line, I get:

QSettings: failed to open file
'/usr/lib/qt-3.3/etc/settings/qt_plugins_3.3rc' Could not find platform
independent libraries <prefix> Could not find platform dependent libraries
<exec_prefix> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

but this seems irrelevant to my document not opening.
How can this be tracked down/handled/solved?

Franky