[Scribus] scribus-1.1.7.src.bz2 == tar.tar

BandiPat magicpage91
Tue Jun 8 06:42:04 CEST 2004

Peter Linnell wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 22:19, Bart Alberti wrote:
>
>>I COMPLAIN that the scribus download for 1.1.7 comes down the pipe as
>>tar.tar. it is necessary to mv ..-tar.tar to -tar.bz2 (using file
>><filename>)
>>then star xvf scribus..-tar
>>
>>I also complain that Fire Fox is insufferable. I use konqeror in Linux and
>>IE in Windows (at least when visiting TRUSTED sites, such our illustrious
>>one (:-)  )!
>>I have sundry dowload extensions for Fire Fox, too. MS IE is quite flexible
>>as long as one sitcks to serious sites.
>>
>>bart at solozone.com
>>

> Its funny, this seems to be mostly specific to Firefox and not Mozilla
> regardless of platform.

The only time I have seen or heard of this behavior is when using IE to
download a tar file.  I have never seen this with Firefox, Mozilla or
Konqueror!  Try to stay away from that nasty IE Bart.  ;-)

Patrick

--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.1 Pro---
         Registered Linux User #225206