[Scribus] Setting linescreen when printing pdf file

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Thu Jul 22 00:26:00 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney schrieb:
> On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 19:00, Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
>
>>Hi Craig,
>>
>>Craig Ringer wrote:
>>

>>>Interesting thought. I know we have trouble when clients do this,
>>>though, because the RIP halftones the text exactly the same as the rest
>>>of the graphic - resulting in rough, burred text.
>>
>>I've got away with this in the past - GhostScript doesn't halftone the
>>text as long it really is pure black.  As long as colour-matching is
>>disabled when the resulting image is used (so pure black remains pure
>>black) it should be OK!
>>

>>>I couldn't possibly guess what the effect will be at that printer, but I
>>>wouldn't be too surprised by a similar problem.
>>
>>Perhaps - correct me if I'm wrong, though, but this started with the
>>very specific requirement of someone wanting to print a Scribus-created
>>PDF on a laser printer with a fairly coarse screen freqency for later
>>reproduction.  If a laser printer can't print a pure black/white image
>>without halftoning it further, then either the printer or its operator
>>is broken!
>

> And why Franz spent plenty of time on getting linescreen options built
> INTO Scribus PDF export...
>
> Craig
This is my opinion too, the printer should handle the rendering correctly,
strictly spoken linescreening has nothing to do in a PDF file. But it was
requested to have such a setting.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid