[Scribus] Fwd: The results of your email commands

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Jul 21 12:52:29 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 13:39, Peeter Vissak wrote:
> Thanx, will try.
> I'm afraid there is another problem. Should I determine the currently used
> paragraph style in advance, before placing the text to the frames?
> Otherwise I have to change the paragraph settings in the story editor
> paragraph by paragraph. Not quite wise, I guess ;o)

Well .. maybe make up a style, even if it doesnt have its final font
settings yet, when the new paragraphs are created from the first, or
from the default on the text frame, they will all be set to the style
you have selected. You can then go back and adjust the style's
attributes later on. Be aware that font settings you make in the
properties palette will currently be removed when you edit the
paragraphs in Story Editor, so customisation of formatting after styles
applied is the best way about that. Story Editor has had a new mockup
drawn and we are working on getting that done for 1.2.

> BTW -- what reference material would cover this topic most comprehensively? Or
> isn't there any right now?

Well.. there are various Scribus tutorials about.. the most recent being
here:
http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/documentation/tutorial/scribustutorial.php

There are more than a few words of wisdom in the current docs on
www.scribus.net under documentation, although this information is quite
out of date and is being worked on as I type.... to be released with 1.2
in a little while.

For more answers, join us on IRC in #scribus on irc.freenode.net or ask
away here on the mailing list.

Craig