[Scribus] additional bugreport to bug 884 and bug 746

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Jul 15 01:12:37 CEST 2004

For the lists benefit...

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 14:21, Sebastian R?der wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 13. Juli 2004 12:45 schrieben Sie:
> > On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 12:32, Sebastian R?der wrote:
> > > Am Dienstag, 13. Juli 2004 01:46 schrieben Sie:
> > >
> > > OK - fixed in tonights CVS!

> > > Is partly fixed. This means it works as expected in the File-->New dialog
> > > now but the old problem still exists in Properties-->Document. (I think I
> > > didn`t explain that it happens there, too - sorry.)
> >
> > Properties->Document? Do you mean Setup->Preferences->Document or
> > File->Document Setup... ? I dont see it in Doc Setup and prefs is where
> > we set it originally... ???
> Sorry, it`s not easy to imagine what all the menus are in English... It`s
> Setup-->Preferences-->Document where the problem is still not fixed but in
> New->Document it`s fixed now. Yesterday it was broken in both of them. So the
> work is at least 50% done - or am I wrong?

Fixed there now too (yesterday)

> > > Good work!
> > >
> > > But the print preview problem still exists here, hope this can be fixed
> > > till 1.2stable. And I found another little disadvantage: The oppacity in
> > > the Scribus docs looks much more transparent than in a exported pdf, so I
> > > had to try a lot to get the right result in pdf (checked with acroread
> > > 5.0.7 and Acrobat Reader 6 on WinXP). Something that could be improved in
> > > the future....
> >
> > I need to know more about the print preview problem, because I dont see
> > much of a problem here. You have to use GS 8.x, we cant guarantee the
> > best results on GS 7.x anymore. Please upgrade and retest.
> OK, if you say there was an internal change and I need GS 8.x now, I have to
> do so, but it`s a little strange that the old .sla with latest CVS work fine
> in print preview and the newly created sla (with latest CVS) dosn`t.
> One more question to transparency: when I use a jpg photo that is overexposed
> on some white areas, then the print preview (the working one for an old
> sla-file) shows me transparency in this areas: I?ve never seen such behaviour
> in e.g. the gimp (but I like it). Is this normal? (Because jpg itself doesn`t
> have transparency).
> > 10% opacity is 10% opacity anywhere, but if you have an example I would
> > like to see it.

Print preview uses postscript and postscript doesnt support
transparencies. Pure white is converted to transparent on preview if
viewing transparency is turned on for an appearance of how it will look.

The issue with the background gradient overwriting the JPG is now fixed
in CVS.

> One smaller new problem:
> When I set some guidelines in masterpages I can change them with the
> guidelines dialog of the normal scribus window. When I edit guidelines on
> masterpages e.g move 5mm to the right I have the old and new ones on the page
> in the normal window. If I erase guidelines on the normal page (which had
> been set via masterpages) they are gone, but I can hget them back via the
> masterpages menu (just open and close, because thy are still shown there).
> This is confusing - or I didn`t understand a spezial usability feature.

On the jobs for tomorrow.. it shouldnt do it just when u exit the
template screen. it should do that when u apply the template.

Craig