[Scribus] PDF form elements - tab order and radio behaviour

William K. Volkman wkvscribus
Thu Jul 15 00:03:32 CEST 2004

Thank you for your response,
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 15:44, Franz Schmid wrote:
> William K. Volkman schrieb:
> > 	I am building some PDF forms in scribus 1.1.7 and I
> > can't figure out two things:
> >
> > 1. How to change the tab order between fields.
> The tab order is the order of the creation of the fields.
I would have thought this was the case however when opening
a document today suddenly the first field is towards the
bottom.  There are 130 fields on this form, is there any
way that I can fix the tab order without having to recreate
all of them?

> > 2. How to get checkboxes to exhibit radio behaviour, where
> > only one of a group of checkboxes can be in a selected state
> > at one time.
> This is not implemented yet, cause the PDF-Reference is somewhat
> unclear in that topic. The difficulty is to get a pretty look
> for the radiobuttons. But i will have a look at it.

I was told by an Acrobat user that the names of the checkboxes
have to be the same, just the values to be returned are
different to get radio button behaviour.  I tried to do
this, scribus was upset if I made the names of the fields
the same in the normal properties display.  One sequence
that sort of worked was to create two checkboxes (check0 and
check1), then I went back and changed the name of check0 to
check1 in the PDF properties, exported the PDF file.
In Acrobat reader selecting the first check box would change
the selection on the second checkbox at the same time
resulting in both boxes either checked or unchecked.
I don't see how to change the returned values for checkboxes.

Kind regards,
William.