[Scribus] Scribus on Linux & Fink/OS X

Jeremy Sellors jksellors
Sat Jul 3 07:10:12 CEST 2004

I have installed the NeoOffice?/J port of OpenOffice on my Dual 1GHz G4
and although it is early stages I really like not having to use X11. I
wonder if Scribus could also be made to run without X11 using Java
technologies?
According to their web site NeoOffice takes advantage of advanced MacOS
X typography through the Java runtime
Here is  a link for more info on :
http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/index.php
I have not installed Scribus yet because I am a bit scared of the Fink
and I am not able to handle any complications with installation and
fonts etc. I am not feeling very brave right now so I might have to
wait for a .dmg installer.
  What is Suse 9 like to work with for other programs as your working
environment compared to OS X? Would you prefer to work on a Mac if
Scribus worked on OS  X without X11or is Linux (which I have no
experience with) a good environment to work in? Thanks __Jeremy