[Scribus] Short Words solution for Scribus

Owen rcook
Fri Jul 2 12:02:35 CEST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:48:57 +0200
VAN_K Petr <Petr.VANEK at spordat.cz> wrote:

> As for the Maciej's feature request for the "short words" handling
> in Scribus. I'm working on the "universal multilanguage da_besta
> solution" ;)
>
> For the final release I'm looking for the knowlege of the others
> language and typos. I've got some minor Polish settings and (of course)
> quite full Czech support.
>
> One thing I need from *you* is to think if there are some rules in
> your local typo

Does anyone wish to add to the list of non breaking words. I have just made a tentative list

en=Dr. ,Dr ,Mr. ,Mr ,Mrs. ,Mrs ,Ms. ,Ms ,Prof. ,Prof ,Rev. ,Rev ,

en= Kg, kg, g, mg, oz, lb, cwt, km, Km, m, cm, mm,

ie Mrs Joan Smith will keep Mrs Joan as one word, likewise, 65 Kg will be kept as one word.

Maybe some of our readers in the publishing business have a more extensive list which can be incorporated into Petr's work

Owen