[Scribus] CVS

BandiPat magicpage91
Tue Jan 27 06:36:25 CET 2004

Gregory Pittman wrote:

>>> If you have KDE installed you could try that as well. If the window
>>> handling is incorrect in KDE or Blackbox file a bug at scribus.net. If
>>> the errors do not appear in Blackbox or KDE - file a bug with
>>> bugzilla.redhat.com
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>> Peter
>>>

>> The story so far...
>> Since it was already loaded, switched WM to KDE, compiled 1.1.5,
>> works fine (so far).
>> Switched back to Gnome, and stopped getting the Outline requestor,
>> and thought it was OK. But then I switched desktops to use Mozilla,
>> went back to the one with Scribus in it and it's either frozen or
>> like a glacier -- display just shows the outlines with no text on the
>> menus, the file I was showing just has white outlines, won't scroll.
>> Had to kill the pid to shut it down.
>>
>> So now I'm back in KDE, flipping back and forth from a desktop with
>> Scribus to this one with Mozilla, so far no problem.
>>
>> It looks like I'll stay with KDE, if I can ever figure out how to set
>> it up to act like I want. (If I could just figure out how to set
>> keyboard commands to switch desktops, I'd be happy for now)
>>
> Further update...
> Eventually 1.1.5 froze in KDE also. I ran 'top' and it was showing
> scribus using 99+% of my CPU (which is a 2.66MHz P4) -- some kind of
> race condition?
> A warning requestor appeared in scribus before I killed it, but since
> there wasn't any text printing inside windows I didn't know what it
> was warning me about.
>
> Here's a thought -- I'm having a lot of trouble with my laptop losing
> time. Some time before scribus froze I had used ftp to correct my
> system clock (which was about 2-3 hrs behind). Could that have messed
> up a running process like scribus? Doesn't explain the problem in
> Gnome since I left the clock alone then.
>
> Gregory Pittman

Greg,
Check your /var/log/messages for error reports of what is happening.
Also, you might want to start Scribus from the shell/konsole to see if
you get any other messages there for your problem.  Something is wrong,
but I don't believe Scribus is at fault here, as it runs without
problems on my SuSE 9.0 setup.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v9.0 Pro---