[Scribus] CVS

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Jan 27 01:02:17 CET 2004

Peter Linnell wrote:

>>You know, I'm not sure -- I use Gnome, if that's what you mean;
>>presumably the version that came with RH9; I don't know which gnome app
>>the window manager is in.
>

> Most likely Metacity. Franz has already put in one workaround for bugs
> in Metacity not following Qt window hints properly.
>
>>At any rate, I quit using 1.1.5 and went back to 1.1.4 for now -- it was
>>freezing up on me, screen wouldn't update. Had to end up killing the pid
>>to get rid of it.

> If you have KDE installed you could try that as well. If the window
> handling is incorrect in KDE or Blackbox file a bug at scribus.net. If
> the errors do not appear in Blackbox or KDE - file a bug with
> bugzilla.redhat.com
>
> Hope that helps,
> Peter

The story so far...
Since it was already loaded, switched WM to KDE, compiled 1.1.5,
works fine (so far).
Switched back to Gnome, and stopped getting the Outline requestor, and
thought it was OK. But then I switched desktops to use Mozilla, went
back to the one with Scribus in it and it's either frozen or like a
glacier -- display just shows the outlines with no text on the menus,
the file I was showing just has white outlines, won't scroll. Had to
kill the pid to shut it down.

So now I'm back in KDE, flipping back and forth from a desktop with
Scribus to this one with Mozilla, so far no problem.

It looks like I'll stay with KDE, if I can ever figure out how to set it
up to act like I want. (If I could just figure out how to set keyboard
commands to switch desktops, I'd be happy for now)

Gregory Pittman