[Scribus] CVS

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Jan 25 17:04:51 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 16:58, Kurt Lhotzky wrote:
> I have the same problem as Gregory Pittman, and Craig Bradney's hint
> did change nothing for me.

I have just checked and can check out perfectly here. These are the
steps to follow (I have not included any system specific lines, like qt
install dir modifiers for configure, apart from the export lines which
may or may not be necessary):

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:/usr/local/cvsroot
cvs login
cvs -z3 co Scribus
export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1
export WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.6
cd Scribus
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

> Wouldn't it be possible to create an easier to install file of Scribus
> 1.1.5.? As a rather inexperienced LiNUX-user it was already
> adventurous for me to compile Scribus (fortunately I could ;-) - but
> the CVS-thing seems to be far beyond my modest capabilities...

There will be a tar.gz released when 1.1.5 is finalised.

Craig