[KDE-Darwin] Re: [Scribus] Qt/Mac port of Scribus

Kevin Walzer kevin
Sat Jan 24 20:07:25 CET 2004

Thanks to a patch provided by Ranger Rick, Scribus/Mac is no longer
choking when generating the makefiles. This allows me to move a little
further ahead into getting a working build. I've been trying a
different approach over the past couple of days, just to see what
happens--instead of working with the standard ./configure (which dies
at predictable places now) or qmake -macx/qmake -macxpbuilder (which
does funny things to the file names), I have been working with the
KDE-Darwin's build of KDevelop 3.0 on the Mac, running natively. It
runs reasonably fast, and more importantly, doesn't screw up the file
names like Xcode/qmake does (foo.moc isn't changed to moc_foo.cpp).
This allows me to get to actual issues with the code that might need to
be addressed in porting to the Mac.

So far the three tries I've made at building tend to hang up on
scpainter.h and scpainter.cpp, which I gather is a standard KDE
library/component. The X11 dependencies here seem to be causing some
problems. In an earlier build, things hung up on GC/gc (GC is used as a
type but not defined as a type) which Martin Castobel tells me is Qt's
X11 graphics context. I commented this line out in the scpainter.h file
and then got these error messages:

*cd /Users/kevinwalzer/Desktop/scribus-1.1.4 && make -k
*compiling fi (g++)
*scpainter.cpp:24:6: warning: "_MSC_VER" is not defined
*scpainter.cpp:88: error: `x11Display' undeclared (first use this
function)
*scpainter.cpp:89: error: `x11Screen' undeclared (first use this
function)
*scpainter.cpp:89: error: `x11Depth' undeclared (first use this
function)
*scpainter.cpp:91: error: `gc' undeclared (first use this function)
*scpainter.cpp:104: error: `x11Display' undeclared (first use this
function)
*scpainter.cpp:129: warning: invalid conversion from `void*' to `long
unsigned int'
*compiling fi (g++)
*helpbrowser.cpp:79: error: `PREL' undeclared (first use this function)
**** Exited with status: 2 ***

I'm assuming that the X11 stuff referenced here is derived from
Graphics Context. I probably need to replace this with some Mac OS
X-specific material, but I'm not sure what. Or is this something I can
ifdef out? I'm not real knowledgable about how to proceed on ifdef, so
any advice is appreciated.