[Scribus] 1.1.4 crashes on suse linux

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Jan 20 14:08:08 CET 2004

Hi Ruth,

> i can successfully, and happily, run 1.0.1 on my suse linux system (8.2,
> kernel 2.4) under kde 3.1.1
>
> however when i try to run  1.1.4 the start up icon appears and then scribus
> immediatley gets a segmentation fault and exits
>
> feels like i'm doing something fundamentally wrong!!
>
> i tried deleting the scribus.rc file, this made no difference.
>
> does anyone have any words of wisdom or help ?

Sounds like it could be a corrupted font problem. Try narrowing down
your fonts a little and tracking it that way. Eg.. Hershey fonts that
are included with some distros.. corrupted at the source.. remove them.

We are working on corrupted font handling, the problem is that sometimes
you don't know the font is corrupt until its too late.

Craig