[Scribus] Request.

Ted Powell ted
Mon Jan 12 20:42:20 CET 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 06:58:35PM +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Yep, I can't connect to anoncvs at all.
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:/usr/local/cvsroot
> login
> (press return for the password)
>
> Works fine here (at home)

I wrote myself a little convenience function and put it in .bashrc:

    scribus-cvs ()
    {
        CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:/usr/local/cvsroot cvs "$@"
    }

With that in place, I can (in any subsequently started shell, natch)
type things like:

    scribus-cvs login

    scribus-cvs -z 3 co Scribus

    scribus-cvs diff -u scribus/layers.cpp

    scribus-cvs update

which keeps the amount of typing down, and avoids conflicts with any
other CVS repositories I might be using.

--
Ted Powell <ted at psg.com>   http://psg.com/~ted/
The most important discovery in the history of medicine was