[Scribus] Scribus/OS X--more information

Martin Costabel costabel
Mon Jan 12 09:19:14 CET 2004

Kevin Walzer wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Here's what I get with debugging turned on:
>
> c++ -c -pipe -fno-common -fPIC -Wall -W -Os  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SHARED
> -DQT_ACCESSIBILITY_SUPPORT -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
> -I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/macx-g++ -I. -I. -Iscribus
> -Iscribus/libpostscript -Iscribus/libprefs -Iscribus/libabout
> -Iscribus/libpdf -Iscribus/plugins/libchar
> -Iscribus/plugins/printpreview -Iscribus/plugins/scriptplugin
> -Iscribus/plugins/svgexplugin -Iscribus/plugins/svgimplugin
> -I/usr/local/qt/include -o align.o scribus/align.cpp
> Putting child 0x00336e40 (align.o) PID 11509 on the chain.
> Live child 0x00336e40 (align.o) PID 11509
> scribus/align.cpp:2:21: align.moc: No such file or directory

This command line looks completely different from what I am seeing in a
Mac OSX/X11 build, so I cannot really compare. Some thoughts anyway.

Where is align.moc? It should have been created just before. In my
situation, all this building  - of align.moc and of align.o - happens
inside the scribus directory, on the same level as the sources. In your
case, the build directory for align.o seems to be one level above the
sources. Is this the case for align.moc, too?

Is align.cpp the first source file in the scribus directory that gets
compiled? It is the first in alphabetical order, but in
scribus/Makefile.in:SOURCES it comes rather late, directly after
fontprefs.cpp and fmitem.cpp, which in my case are indeed compiled just
before align.cpp. Is the compilation for these other files working, or
does the build process you are using rearrange the sources in
alphabetical order?

--
Martin