[Scribus] Tables in Scribus?

Alexandre Prokoudine avp
Thu Jan 8 13:25:31 CET 2004

Craig Bradney wrote
> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 13:06, VANEK Petr wrote:
> > > Jean v.Oertzen wrote
> > >
> > > Create a table in OpenOffice.org Calc or Gnumeric, export it to
> > > PDF/PostScript (both should be able to print selections),
> > > convert PDF/PS
> > > to EPS and insert in a Scribus document.
> >
> > that's imho just substitution than solution. ok, this is how we can do it
> > but what when I want to have special colours in tab or same "feeling"
> > in the whole document... we need something else...
> >

> A proper inbuilt table editor IS planned for Scribus. We were discussing
> this two nights ago on IRC. A feature to look forward to, shall we
> say...

I hope, there will be table styles...

Together with db-like file format and some extra features this would kick
some proprietary asses in area of high quality documentation prepress.

--
Alexandre Prokoudine		| "When you set yourself on fire and aim
ALT Linux Documentation Team	|  for the sky, you hope to leave behind