[Scribus] some translation questions

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Thu Jan 8 00:37:20 CET 2004

Petr Van?k wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I've got a few terms I don't understand right:
> 1) Does "Link/Unlink text frames" substitution of "Create/Break text chains"?
>     (WerkTools)
Correct.

> 2) I'm not sure in meaning of the "Start offset:" (Mpalette)
It does mean the Distance of the first Character of the Text form
the start of the Path (used only for Text on a Path)
> 3) and Tabs alignment meanings of the "Comma" and "Full Stop"
>     - resp. what is it "align tab: comma | full stop" (TabManager)
Comma and FullStop Tabs are Decimal Tabs, i named them this way
because different countrys have different ways to write numbers.
In Germany a decimal comma is used like 1,2 and in the English spoken
countrys a decimal point is used like 1.2

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid