[Scribus] GC used as a type?

Martin Costabel costabel
Wed Jan 7 23:57:23 CET 2004

Kevin Walzer wrote:

> More difficulties compiling Scribus 1.1.4 on OS X 10.3:
>
> In file included from ../../scribus/pageitem.h:30,
>                  from ../../scribus/page.h:29,
>                  from ../../scribus/scribusview.h:33,
>                  from ../../scribus/scribus.h:48,
>                  from prefs.h:27,
>                  from prefs.cpp:1:
> ../../scribus/scpainter.h:155: error: 'GC' is used as a type, but is not
>    defined as a type.

scpainter.h #includes qwmatrix.h which in turn #includes qwindowdefs.h,
which has the definition

typedef struct _XGC *GC;

but *only* when you are using qt-x11, because the definition is dependent on

#if defined(Q_WS_X11)

This makes sense, because GC is the X11 "Graphics Context" structure.

If you want to replace this by something Apple-native, you might have as
a next item on your list the line 54 of scpainter.cpp

#include <X11/Xlib.h>

How do you intend to replace this?

I don't want to discourage you, but it seems to me that you are up
against some quite formidable windmills here.

--
Martin