[Scribus] Which format to Import a photo with transparent background

Thomas Zastrow chef
Sun Jan 4 11:26:23 CET 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 01:21:14 -0500
Matt <matt at satbp.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to import a photo with a transparent background, and I am wondering what the correct format would be for a printer?
> I am under the impression that essentially a cymk tiff is the right material to give them, but tiff doesn't support transparency. So at that point am I to use eps?

As I remember, you can save a alpha-channel as transparency in tiff-format. I build a picture with transparency in GIMP, but Scribus seems not to handle these channels??

Greetings,

Tom

| So ein Unsinn sich einer Sekte anzuschliessen    |
| wenn man Bier zuhause hat                        |
| http://www.thomas-zastrow.de                     |