[Scribus] Review of Scribus 1.1.4/1.1.5--mostly positive

kevin kevin
Thu Feb 26 15:47:11 CET 2004

After my ill-fated efforts to get Scribus building natively on OSX, I
decided to do something that *is* within my skill set: give it a
rigorous try in an actual publishing production setting. I used v.
1.1.4 running under Fink/X1 to lay out a book cover (where I would
normally use InDesign). My results with this project, both (mostly)
good and (a few) bad, and full of pretty screen shots, are documented
here:

http://www.smallbizmac.com/index.php?=entry=/Software/Scribus-in-
production-setting.txt

If nothing else, I think this article has some usefulness because I
haven't seen anything else written in detail from a professional
production/publishing/design perspective about Scribus--most of the
commentary is from a more general/non-power-user perspective. So, it's
food for thought at the very least. I'd be interested to hear back any
comments that folks might have.

Kevin Walzer
http://www.wordtechcommunicatons.com
http://www.smallbizmacc.om