[Scribus] Announcing Inkscape 0.37 Release

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Feb 25 17:48:11 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 11:22, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> VANEK Petr wrote:
> > I don't want to start a flame.
> >

> I don't think this is flaming -- Scribus is just one of many projects
> out there that is constantly having to trying to figure out a lot of
> stupid compatibility issues (the issues are stupid, not the users)
> because of these distro/library problems.

Could not agree more there.

> When you get down to it, Scribus is a very accommodating piece of work:
> KDE at a certain level, Qt at a certain level, a few other non-universal
> libraries, and it compiles. It also tells you useful stuff when it won't
> configure or compile.

Minor correction: KDE is not a dependency, though there are certain
features of KDE, which Scribus will inherit if available i.e. style
plug-ins.

Exact details here:
http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/documentation/index-2.html#ss2.2

BTW, I have built and uploaded 1.1.5 Redhat 9 and Fedora-1 RPMS, which
are now in the downloads section of scribus.net. These are pgp signed by
me and essentially the same ones which are in fedora.us repository in
stable. These have been extensively QA'd by Fedora devels, so they
should install very smoothly on RH9/Fedora machines, provided the
dependencies are met.

Peter