[Scribus] Announcing Inkscape 0.37 Release

VANEK Petr Petr.VANEK
Wed Feb 25 17:06:56 CET 2004

I don't want to start a flame.

> But the biggest thing is with cutting edge development like Scribus,
> where you absolutely want to compile and trying to update
> libraries by
> compiling causes no end of trouble because the gods of RPMs
> have their
> own scheme of where various files go -- it makes me look
> forward to the
> day when Linux will be RPM-free: in some ways, RPMs have that
> Microsoft-brainless mentality to them.

it all depends on your focus. Take me (=narcism:)) as example.
One computer for parents and brother running SuSE - IT-less
brother knows only root pass and yast menu for updating.
I upgrade their main system each year (getting a great lunch
as revenue:)).

At home I'm running bleeding edge gentoo. It's fresh, it's quick
but maybe time consuming a little. Anyway good choice for
developer.

that's all

petr