[Scribus] Imported PDF re-exports as bitmap?

Tamas Pusztai pusztai
Mon Feb 23 14:46:27 CET 2004

Dear Scribus Experts!

  I'm new to Scribus.

  After hours of experimenting, browsing documentation and mailing
lists, I still have the following problem:

  Text and vector graphics imported from PDF or EPS files into my
Scribus document prints (re-exports) to PDF or EPS as bitmap.  That
is, instead of smooth outlines at all zoom levels (what I expect in
case of resolution independent vector graphics), I see pixels above
a certain zoom level.

  Imported SVG graphics works well.

  I'm using up-to-date Gentoo Linux, which means Scribus 1.1.4 with
qt 3.3.0.

  Please, confirm that this behaviour is not normal.  But, what am
I missing then?

  Thanks,

	  				drbubo