[Scribus] PDF/X-3 tab disabled?

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Thu Feb 19 21:32:55 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 15:22, Laurent Cocea wrote:
> Thanks, Riku. I had disabled PDF transparency in
> Edit|Preferences|General and placed an ICC profile in the directory
> specified in Edit|Preferences|General|Paths|ICC-Profiles. But I don't
> have a Color management option in Edit|Preferences, only: General,
> Document, Guides. Typography, Tools, Scrapbook, and Display. I looked
> this option up in the other menus and couldn't find it.
>
> Also, I downloaded an ICC profile off the Web, `ezprints.icc'. Do you
> think this could be the problem? Are there any downloadable ICC profiles
> out there that are known to work well with Scribus? Thanks.

<snipped from the docs>

4.2 Color Management Does not appear in the menu.
Make sure you have .icc and or .icm profiles in the /scribus/profiles
directory. Ideally, you will have a set of profiles which includes one
for your monitor, one for the images and any scanner or input device
profiles and profiles for your printer or output device. You need a
minimum of 1 RGB color space icc profile and 1 CMYK icc color space
profile for the color management options to be enabled. See the details
in Color Management for Scribus for links and info about color profiles.

 http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/documentation/cms.html

http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/documentation/pdfx3.html

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/iccprofiles/win/AdobeICCProfiles.zip

has a set of standard icc profiles, which are useful for commercial
printing.

> --Laurent
>

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:01:42 +0200, "Riku Leino (Tsoots)" wrote:
>
> > Laurent Cocea wrote:
> > >  I wonder if there is some other feature I need to
> > > enable first for this to work, or is this "by design" in the
> > > RedHat/Fedora build I got.
> >
> > You'll probably need first disable pdf transparency option in
> > preferences -> general. You'll also need to make icc color profiles
> > available to Scribus and then turn the color management on in
> > preferences -> color management.

This correct as well.

Peter