[Scribus] Translation: Moving from PO to TS file

Morten Langlo mlanglo
Tue Feb 17 10:18:32 CET 2004

man, 16 feb, 2004, 21:28:28 +0100, skrev Craig Bradney:
> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 21:19, Craig Bradney wrote:

> > > Well - who knows, I use 3.2.3
> > >
> > > I have just tried Scribus with your language, and
> > > these NO's and Yes's are not written in English then :-)
> > >
> > > But in Danish produced from the ts-file it's in English.
> > > Made from po-file it's OK  ???
> > >
> > > What to do?
> >
> > If you get the strings translated in one but not in yours, then your
> > language needs updating. Let me see when yours was last updated.
>

> Yeah, we last got a file from you on the 9th of Feb. There were many
> additions to strings since then.
>
> Craig

Hello Craig

- Yes, but your conclusion is not right :-)

I am converting from po to ts, and have done all theese things:

   * qm2ts
   * qmake -project
   * edit the TRANSLATIONS section at the end
   * lupdate scribus.pro
   * used linguist to translate the new strings
   * and also tried to remove the "type=obsolete" things
     from the ts-file to see if that helped
   * lrelease

So my ts-file and qm should be up to date and in place
- and the QFileDialog section contains theese translations
"<source>&amp;No</source>
 <translation>&amp;Nej</translation>", etc

But I do _not_ se theese strings translated.
If I use the old almost up to date po-file, the translations
for these are OK.

Sinserely Yours

Morten

--