[Scribus] qt3.3

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1
Fri Feb 13 17:41:59 CET 2004

Dnia Fri, 13 Feb 2004 7:25:22 -0800 u?yszkodnik <bart at solozone.com>
napisa?:

> Luckily SuSE posts its own qt upgrades. do rpm -Uvh
> This make me happy. Nevertheless, otherwise, there are programs which
> turn tar balls INTO source rpms. xxx.yyy.src.rpm-i386. one does 'rpm
> --build <etc>'. I do not know how to use them ;
[--cut--]

You have to make such a directory structure:
$HOME/rpm/[SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS,RPMS,BUILD]
the you put a src.rpm into SRPMS and use rpmbuild --rebuild name.src.rpm
and if everything works fine you have an ready rpm in RPMS - easy as pie
:)
You can find an src.rpm for qt-3.3.0.040205 (aka FINAL) currently under
ftp://ftp.pld-linux.org/dists/2.0/ready/SRPMS/

but it will move somewhere  else ( ftp://
ftp.pld-linux.org/dists/2.0/PLD/SRPMS/SRPMS ) in a few days/hours.

BTW - I have absolutely no idea if it works under distros other than PLD
but you can give it a try :)

--
DeeJay1