[Scribus] .po file for 1.1.5

O. Moskalenko malex
Thu Feb 12 16:13:48 CET 2004

* Kevin Donnelly <kevin at dotmon.com> [2004-02-12 11:42:36 +0000]:

> Can somebody refresh my mind on where the latest po file (the one that
> wrelates to 1.1.5) can be found? The Welsh file in current cvs appears to be
> fully translated, which I find hard to believe, and the only pot file there
> refers to 1.1.4.
>
> --
>
> Best wishes
>
> Kevin Donnelly
>
> www.kyfieithu.co.xx - Meddalwedd Rhydd yn Gymraeg

Kevin,

You have to convert that welsh .po file to a .ts file, update it to
contain the new strings, and then do the translation and submit the .ts
file back to Franz. Here are the specific directions, if you need them.
Change the .xx. to your Welsh language code.

Regards,

Alex.

$ = shell prompt

In the Scribus/scribus/po directory:

    $msg2qm scribus.xx.po scribus.xx.qm

    $qm2ts scribus.xx.qm

Go to the root of scribus source: Scribus/scribus

    $qmake -project

That will create scribus.pro
Optional: edit scribus.pro and remove every .ts file, except
scribus.xx.ts from the ts section at the very bottom.

Go to the root of scribus source: Scribus/scribus

    $lupdate -verbose scribus.pro

Your scribus.xx.ts file should be updated now. You can open it in qt3
Linguist and translate all you want.

After you are done:

    $lrelease scribus.xx.ts

    $sudo cp scribus.xx.qm /usr/lib/scribus     (assuming you use sudo
to give yourself root privileges for copying to /usr/lib/)

Submit scribus.xx.ts to Franz Schmid.