[Scribus]

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Feb 12 01:01:18 CET 2004

Hi Bart

> FYI the March 2004 LINUX JOURNAL has two interesting pieces on xml
> formats. It seems OO uses a 'zip' format which is very interesting so
> the file is really an assembly of items separate as files but which
> coalesce to form the whole. Ruby can be used to manipulate OO docs, by
> extension, scribus. I see OASIS as the coming standard. Question: even
> SIAG gets a mention, but not Scribus! Somebody please tell them.
>
> I attach, intrigued by the Story Editor postings, a file. I wrote a
> text box automatically and put another in the center to show run
> around on both sides (quark has problems with both sides I think;
> although I have not used it since 4.1.1, a while back). Getting from
> one box to the next was not so easy; one uses the "save and Exit"
> feature in Story Editor! The attachment is self explanatory I hope.

I see the issue re the large frame. you come back with the move pointer
because of where the story editor shows. Thats not exactly wrong as the
default pointer is the select (and click to move). If you dont click it
doesnt move. I do take your point.. I might be missing your exact issue
though.

The smaller frame.. Im not sure what the issue is. I can edit it ok and
switch between the frames ok.

What version are you running? and do/can you visit us in IRC?

thanks
Craig