[Scribus] Re: Story Editor

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Feb 11 18:29:43 CET 2004

Kevin Walzer wrote:
> For what it's worth, I didn't get this specific error, but I *did* lose
> style formatting--fonts, etc.--after using the story editor. I had to
> re-apply font size, font selection, and specialized styling each time
> after editing text in the story editor. It got cumbersome after a while.

This is the most annoying thing for me -- you do this one time in a
complex text frame (different fonts, sizes, colors) and you really don't
want to use Story Editor again.

Even something simple, though:

If I open Story Editor, and just change justification on one line. I
click Save and Exit; then I get a requestor saying, "Do you really want
to lose all your changes?" At that point, after I have just clicked Save
and Exit, I don't know what I am supposed to do. I click No and the
change is made -- this is backwards.

Consider a comparable interchange at the Post Office:

Me: "I would like to send this letter to John Smith."

Postal clerk: "Are you sure you want me to throw this in the trash? --
just answer 'Yes' or 'No'."

This is how Scribus is handling this exchange -- if that isn't obtuse, I
don't know what is.

Gregory Pittman