[Scribus] plugins

Paul paul
Mon Feb 9 21:22:03 CET 2004

Hi,

> 1) Each plug is mantained only by author (author creates everything from
> tgz package to rpm). As I think it's very HW resource consuming
> (why I have to install suse, rh, debian, lesbian or whatever else aside
> my gentoo?) it's fair - when you write something you have to care about it.

Sounds okay. Problem arises when the original developer does something
silly, like leaves the project. Okay, the source is there, but the code
may be gibberish to all but the original author

> 2) There will be one 'plugin mantainer' to breed one large package of the
> plugins. It will limit end user propably - he cannot choose what he want
> to install but it should be easier to distribute.

Nope. Not good. It would mean that the team would have to decide and
that would possibly make people less willing to write code

> 3) There will be one 'plugin mantainer' to breed various packages of the
> plugins. It's friendly to the end user but IMHO mantainer will live on
> the edge of sanity.

This sounds good

> 4) Let it be as is it today and ignore. :)

This doesn't.

Personally (and this is still in discussion, so folks, join in), I would
have one main ubermeister for the plugins. When they're accepted we
(Franz and myself) can start to put them into the main script menus. The
plugin ubermeister would be the barrier between us and the original
coder, but at the same time would be the bod who ensures that the author
sticks to the programming docs (soon to appear). The ubermeister would
also be the one who creates the tgz for the rpms

Oh well.

TTFN

Lord Nelson and his pet goldfish, Jaws.
--
"You can't beat the system, but you sure as hell can break it"
Malcolm in the Middle