[Scribus] kde cygwin

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Fri Feb 6 03:48:58 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 21:26, bart at solozone.com wrote:
> yes indeed, I have a compaq laptop p-2 266mhz with 64 mb.
> too slow, eh? the kde-cygwin site fairly bristles with obstacles -- tank traps?? (:-(
>
> BTW, Micro$soft has announced UNIX services for Windows. It used to be $99, now free.
>
> Besides I only have 4 (four) G of disk.
> Sigh..
>
> bart at solozone.com

You might be interested to see this:
http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/documentation/cygwin.html

This documents my Scribus + KDE-cygwin adventures. There is also a link
to screen caps.. just so folks knew I was not kidding. :-)

The hardware requirements *are* pretty steep, as I noted in the article.
I might have a chance to take another crack at this soon in the coming
days.

Peter