[Scribus] kde-cygwin

Atlantic Tech Solutions tech
Fri Feb 6 01:24:10 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 19:07, bart at solozone.com wrote:
> I have command line stuff (from carnegie-mellon) and it compiles and runs in windows 98 as an exe. I do not really have even xfree86! I had jumped to the conclusion that you only compile under cygwin using gcc and run it in the Win desktop. Naive me! I have just been to the kde-cygwin site (quite different from the general red hat / cygnus site) and I see there are indeed many packages. Qt for instance needs byacc -- bison will not do -- and wrappers and special hand holding type routines. Ok I have 500 MB of cygwin already.
>
> PS. I at this very moment am writing from a Linux box.
> To proceed bit by bit. Slowly.
>
> bart at solozone.com

You will find it very difficult to get KDE-Cygwin working well on Win9x.

Cygwin + KDE-Cygwin really should be on Win2k or XP.. mostly for NTFS
and superior memory management.

Running and compiling Scribus 0.8 + KDE-Cygwin can use 400 Mb of memory
easily.

I'll keep you posted as well when I take another crack at this.

Peter