[Scribus] picture resolution in pdf

Sebastian Röder seppelrockt
Tue Feb 3 16:25:40 CET 2004

Hello,

after one nice week in Norway I am back to work on the school magazin with
Scribus ;-)

I have got a question about picture resolution in pdf: the pdf resolution is
set to 600 dpi for printing, but what happends when I set the picture
resolution to 600 dpi in the same dialog. Would this bring all pictures in
the document to 600 dpi, unless their real resolution is not 600 dpi?
This would be great, because at the moment I put the graphic boxes in the
desired position with the size I need and than use gimp to change the
pictures to this size with the 600 dpi resolution - maybe a waste of time, if
Scribus can do this itself.

By the way, are their any compiling problems with SuSE 9.0 and KDE 3.2rc1
(SuSE rpms)? I wanted to compile digikam and an error occours caused by the
kdelibs3-3.1.95-7-i586.rpm from SuSE. Many other user complainded about the
same problem with other KDE-related progs on www.linuxforen.de - so I am
concerned. I have to wait until sunday to upate to final KDE 3.2 (released
today) because of my ISDN xxl.

Regards,
Sebastian