[Scribus] Proofing and marking up PDF

Neil Williams neil
Tue Feb 3 09:19:23 CET 2004

Hi

This is my first post as I am new to Scribus and this list.

I think Scribus is a great application with fantastic potential.
However, I had hoped that Scribus would have been able to help me mark
up PDFs like I can with the full version of Acrobat on PC or Mac.

I can get a PDF document into Scribus and add notes. My approach is open
a new document, add a picture, get a PDF, add a text object and make it
a PDF annotation. But this approach is cumbersome and has limitations.

Is there a better way to marking up PDFs with Scribus? Or is there a
tool available on Linux which is designed specifically for marking up PDFs?

If the answer is no, do you think it may be possible for me to use
Scribus as a starting point for developing a PDF mark up application for
Linux? Or are there technical difficulties I am not aware of?

Best Regards

Neil
--
Dr Neil Williams