[Openicc] [Scribus] tiff requirements

Kai-Uwe Behrmann web
Sun Feb 1 06:29:42 CET 2004

Hi,
I am about to save cinepaint separated images as CMYK tiffs. So I like
they will be used in an pre-press environment sucessfully.

Here is my suggestion:
- High-end separation in cinepaint
- embed the separation profile
- provide an small image preview in RGB as representation of the full
  resolution image (size 256x256?? 1024x1024?)

I think this may be an practical solution. Other applications dont need
to handle cmyk datas for displaying and the image they use is very small.
Only when finaly saving the layout (-> pdf), the cmyk data from the tiff
needs to be embedded with its full resolution.

I await for Your enhencements and opinions. At the moment this suggestion
targets especially the scribus project.

best
Kai-Uwe