[Scribus] pay for plug-in?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Dec 30 00:05:41 CET 2004

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 23:45, bart at solozone.com wrote:
> it seems to me that paying for a plug in is absolutely contrary to the G P
> L philosophy and what should be this project's goals. Nevertheless, I do
> appreciate that printers are frantic to get accurate color (which is quite
> a problem).

Paying for someone's time is totally different to paying for some software or
its method of distribtution. Many GPL app teams have donation possibilities..
hopefully we will soon too.

The issue with Pantone etc support is the cost and the actual use of GPL. As
soon as it would be GPL'd, anyone could use it. Cant see them allowing that.
They could however do the old binary driver trick like ATi and nVidia do and
provide a plugin somehow.

Dont worry.. we will cover as many bases as we can.. :)

Craig