[Scribus] Automatic export to png?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Dec 26 18:09:50 CET 2004

Frank Cox wrote:

>Is it possible (would it be possible?) to make Scribus automatically
>load a .sla file and export the contents to png images?
>
>I create a weekly subsribers-only web page for the Bargain Hunter
>containing the current paper, and have managed to script every part of
>the page building and uploading process except for the initial export
>to png images step which requires that I sit here and do that part
>manually.
>
>If I could automate that part too, the whole process should just run on rails.

I'm just in the process of trying to learn Python to be able to write
some scripts.
Make sure you check the latest listing of Scripter commands at:

http://www.yarpen.cz/scripter-docs/scribus_scribus.html

I see that there is a 'savePageAsEPS()' command, so theoretically you
might be able to write the script to convert to EPS, then figure out a
batch command for ImageMagick to convert to PNG.
Petr would of course be the definitive source for this.

Greg Pittman