[Scribus] English finally replaces unreadable text

Malte Cornils malte
Tue Dec 21 00:00:36 CET 2004

Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 23:35 schrieb Craig Bradney:
> On Monday 20 December 2004 23:35, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > Servant wrote:
> > > Wow!  I'm totally amazed!  After almost 2 years of
> > > watching the Scribus mailing list, I can finally
> > > read the subject line and the instructions at the
> > > beginning of the mail!  It's good that an English
> > > mailing list has removed the German (or whatever
> > > it was)!
> >
> > As an American, I'm more than a little embarrassed by the tone of your
> > mailing. Perhaps you should have someone from another country proofread
> > you emails for diplomatic content.
>
> I was going to ignore the initial mail, but I think Gregory, to your mail
> I'm just going to have to say "agree".

It's probably (hopefully) a classic case of electronic mail twisting the true
intention of the message. Especially irony has a strong tendency to sound
harsher than intended.

Yours,
-Malte (native German speaker ;-))

BTW, keep up the great work!