[Scribus] Scribus crashes

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Dec 14 20:14:28 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 18:26, Andy Steinhauf wrote:
> Hello All !
>
> i've updated freetype2 to 2.1.9 (self compiled). After this update Scribus
> crashes every time at startup (short after displaying "searching fonts"). I
> recompiled it, i've deleted the .scribus directory in my home directory... it
> crashes. Has someone the same experience ?

Nope, but I have a few guesses. The first and foremost is the
possibility that you compiled against the newer headers, but the app is
being linked against the older library at runtime (or vice versa).

Check your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and make sure it includes the new library,
then use ldd to check which lib Scribus is being linked against. Also
check to make sure that nothing, for example Qt, might be linking
against the old version and pulling it in too (mixing two versions of a
library == boom).

--
Craig Ringer