[Scribus] Adding fonts.

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Dec 9 05:11:08 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 07:43, John Culleton wrote:
> I took a bunch of fonts and  dumped them into /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1
> on my Slackware system.  Then I ran fc-cache . The fonts still don't show up
> in Scribus. What more do I need to do?

Scribus 1.2 and 1.2.1cvs don't have Fontconfig support.

The usual way to install fonts for apps that don't use fontconfig is to
run mkfontdir in the directory as well, then add it to your X font path,
either by modifying the font server config file or the X server config
file.

Scribus lets you just add the directory to the font path in the Scribus
preferences, though, so you can avoid all that fuss. Add the font
directory in the Scribus prefs, re-launch Scribus, and you should have
all your fonts.

I understand that 1.3 will have fontconfig support.

--
Craig Ringer