[Scribus] (perhaps a bug?) one eps file exported from scribus could not insert into oowriter

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu
Wed Dec 8 08:51:20 CET 2004

David Purton wrote:

>I'll make some guesses despite not seeing the file.
>

>This would make sense, The eps probably does not have a preview and
>openoffice can't interpret postscript, so all you get is a placement box
>with some info from the eps header.
>
>If you print your document to a postscript printer it will in theory print
>ok.

Thank you for the suggestion :)
The inserted eps does not work. I have ps level 2 printer and I
confirmed this eps (proceeded by ps2ps) is printable by piping it to
cups lpr(1). Still, oowriter insert empty graphic and prints nothing.

>If you want to include a scribus file in openoffice, your best opion
>will be to export your page as an image from scribus and import that.
>
>Your other option is to use ghostscript to convert your eps to an image.
>
>something like:
>
>  gs -sOutputFile=foo.jpg -sDEVICE=jpeg -r=300 -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE bar.eps

I was convinced this would lower-down image quanlity. However I'll just
have a try.