[Scribus] Re: Compiling cvs on Mandrake 9.2

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Dec 7 11:03:03 CET 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 02:40, Scott Karns wrote:
> I recently replied indirectly to Christoph's original
> message to say that I too am having the same problem
> he reports building from CVS snapshots. I did not
> have this build problem prior to the changes to the
> auto* files in the admin directory.
>
> I am building using a Mandrake source RPM (modified
> version of a 1.2 source RPM I found). The pertinent
> section of the RPM is included here:
> %build
> export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1"
> export WANT_AUTOMAKE="1.7"
> make -f Makefile.cvs
>
> export QTDIR=%_prefix/lib/qt3
> export KDEDIR=%_prefix
>
> export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/%{_lib}:$KDEDIR/%{_lib}:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
> export QTLIB=$QTDIR/%{_lib}
>
> export CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -I/usr/include/lcms"
> export CXXFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -I/usr/include/lcms"
>
> ./configure --prefix=%_prefix \
>   --libdir=%_libdir \
>   --mandir=%_mandir \
>   --datadir=%_datadir \
>   --disable-debug \
>   --without-xinerama
>
> The following versions of autoconf, automake, qt and
> gcc are installed on my build system:
>
> autoconf2.5-2.59-3mdk
> autoconf-2.13-19mdk
> automake1.7-1.7.9-1mdk
> automake1.8-1.8.2-1mdk
> libqt3-3.2.3-19.2.100mdk
> libqt3-devel-3.2.3-19.2.100mdk
> gcc-cpp-3.3.2-6mdk
> gcc-c++-3.3.2-6mdk
> gcc-3.3.2-6mdk
>
> It's apparent to me that the argument to KDE_USE_QT
> tested in acinclude.m4.in is null (this snippet
> transformed also appears in the generated configure)
> -- can/should it be set <= to the version of qt
> installed on the target system at the time oonfigure
> is regenerated?
>
> from admin/acinclude.m4.in:
> AC_DEFUN([KDE_USE_QT],
> [
> if test -z "$1"; then
>   # Current default Qt version: 3.3
>   kde_qtver=3
>   kde_qtsubver=3
> else
>   kde_qtsubver=`echo "$1" | sed -e
> 's#[0-9][0-9]*\.\([0-9][0-9]*\).*#\1#'`
>   # following is the check if subversion isnt found
>   # in passed argument
>
> from config.log (as originally noted by Owen):
> > if test -z ""; then
> >   # Current default Qt version: 3.3
> >   kde_qtver=3
> >   kde_qtsubver=3
>
> If I'm way off base, I apologize for wasting your
> time, but I (and others I'm sure) would really like
> to be able to build from CVS snapshots again without
> upgrading our production systems. Your help in
> solving this problem would be much appreciated.

Do you have the src rpm for your koffice? Replacing the admin dir from the on
in that might help. I've had a look and there are differences all over the
place. Notably:

-  # Current default Qt version: 3.3
+  # Current default Qt version: 3.1
   kde_qtver=3
-  kde_qtsubver=3
+  kde_qtsubver=1
etc
etc

Try with that if you can. Let me know and maybe we can work out why the make
system isnt picking up your Qt version.

Craig